6-9 Months Baby Food
Blended with mashed parsnip, tofu takes on a mild creaminess and
makes a simple supper that is packed with protein.
- 2 small parsnips, about 300 g (10 oz), peeled and diced
- 50 g (2 oz) tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 100-150 ml (3 1/2 - 5 fl oz) full-fat milk
How to Prepare Creamed Parsnip and Tofu?
- Place the parsnips in a steamer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes
until just soft.
- Put the parsnips in a blender and add the tofu and orange juice.
Blend until smooth, gradually adding enough milk to make a smooth
- Serve half straight away, then cover and chill the rest and use
within 24 hours, or freeze for another meal. Add a little extra water
or milk before serving if needed.
Tips for Making Baby Food:
- If your baby seems to have lost his appetite, then this is a good
choice to tempt him with as the puree is slightly sweet.
- Adjust the thickness of the puree as your baby matures.
- Give your baby small amounts of tofu early on - he is more likely
to be receptive now than if he first tastes it as an older child.
For Older Babies and Toddlers:
- Mash the parsnips and tofu more coarsely and increase the orange
juice slightly for a stronger flavor. Serve with finger foods or
stir-fried mixed vegetables for extra crunch.